If someone directed you to this page, it's probably because you've been vandalizing or blanking articles. Basically, vandalizing a wiki like this one is completely pointless. This isn't so much a rule or anything as it is a statement of fact.
What is Vandalism? Edit
Vandalism here is simple: someone (like you) edits a page with the sole intent of screwing it up. You know, like replacing the page with "LOLLAR", "Your Officiel Hacked by DonSzeh" or "EVILGUNZ IS TEH ROXORSZSZZZ!!!".
Why is is it pointless?Edit
Vandalism is pointless for the same reason it's possible: because this is a wiki.
- ALL PRIOR VERSIONS OF PAGES ARE SAVED, so it takes about a second to change back to the version that was up before you vandalized. You spend 10 minutes writing about how wonderful so-and-so is and how lame we are, and it takes an instant to change back, so it's a waste of time.
- This means that your changes to the article or whatever will be visible for an hour or so, tops. - It's really not worth the effort.
- People can track edits - Experienced editors and administrators have the unnatural ability to track edits to articles without actually having to visit the articles. They can track all incoming changes, so it takes about a second to spot vandalism. Then another second to revert to a previous version, and all your hard work is lost. Very experienced editors also know when you are sleeping and know when you're awake. They know when your contributions have been bad or good so make them good, for goodness' sake! So, you better watch out, you better not cry, better not pout, I'm tellin' you why..
- Vandals are easy to spot - It's easy for said edit-trackers to spot vandals by certain qualities, so finding vandalism is even easier, especially on a relatively small wiki like this.
- You're just going to get banned anyway - A few minutes of vandalism-fun, and you're banned forever. Then, the autoblock kicks in, so you can't make another edit even with another account for 24 hours. Is that really worth the outburst?
So in short, you are completely wasting your time. In the end, nothing you do will be permanent, and will take seconds to undo. So don't bother wasting your time and making a lol-cow out of yourself.
When is Vandalism Acceptable?Edit
Vandalism is acceptable only when one of these very specific conditions are met:
- You are vandalizing your own user page.
- You are vandalizing the sandbox.
- You are vandalizing something unrelated to wikia.
See also [[GunZ: The Duel:Please be a giant dick, so we can ban you.